Position: Experienced Server
Start Date: February 1 2018
Posting Close Date: January 25 2018
Old Grams Kitchen at the Dawson Creek Airport is currently searching for Line Cooks/Chefs to Join our Team. We are a small family run establishment with very high expectations and standards of quality. This position is specifically for the Dawson Creek Airport Location. Successful candidates will be starting work in/around Feb 1 2018 in Training at our Rolla Location. Training will be ongoing for +/- 1 week before being moved to new location. Successful applicants must have their own reliable transportation (or car pool) to/from the Rolla location for the training.
In order to be considered your resume MUST be attached to this application, please include all relevant work experience as well as a minimum of 3 professional references (non-personal).
Waiter + Waitress Responsibilities:
- Providing excellent wait service to ensure satisfaction
- Taking customer orders and delivering food and beverages
- Making menu recommendations, answering questions and sharing additional information with restaurant patrons
We are looking for a skilled Waiter or Waitress to take orders and deliver food and beverages to our customers.
The right Waiter/Waitress uplifts the dining experience for customers. We are looking for someone who will have the patience, personality and perseverance to thrive in this role.
Waiter/Waitress responsibilities include greeting and serving customers, providing detailed information on menus, multi-tasking various front-of-the-house duties and collecting the bill. If you are able to perform well in fast-paced environments, we’d like to meet you. To be a successful Waiter or Waitress, you should be polite with our customers and make sure they enjoy their meals. You should also be a team player and be able to effectively communicate with our Kitchen Staff to make sure orders are accurate and delivered promptly.
Keep in mind that Waiter/Waitress duties may require working in shifts and/or occasionally during weekends and holidays.
Ultimately, it is the duty of our Waiters/Waitresses to provide an excellent overall dining experience for our guests.
- Greet and escort customers to their tables
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses
- Inform customers about the day’s specials
- Offer menu recommendations upon request
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software,order slips or by memorization
- Check customers’ IDs to ensure they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
- Serve food and drink orders
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments
- Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
- Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties)
- Follow all relevant health department regulations
- Provide excellent customer service to guests
- Proven work experience as a Waiter or Waitress
- Hands-on experience with cash register and ordering information system (e.g. Revel POS or Toast POS)
- Basic math skills
- Attentiveness and patience for customers
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Active listening and effective communication skills
- Team spirit
- Flexibility to work in shifts
- High school diploma; food safety training is a plus
- Valid Serving it Right (not required to apply, but will be required to have prior to starting position if selected)
|Job Category||Front of House|