Start Date: February 1 2018
Posting Close Date: January 25 2018
Old Grams Kitchen at the Dawson Creek Airport is currently searching for Line Cooks/Chefs to Join our Team. We are a small family run establishment with very high expectations and standards of quality. This position is specifically for the Dawson Creek Airport Location. Successful candidates will be starting work in/around Feb 1 2018 in Training at our Rolla Location. Training will be ongoing for 1 week before being moved to new location. Successful applicants must have their own reliable transportation (or car pool) to/from the Rolla location for the training.
In order to be considered your resume MUST be attached to this application, please include all relevant work experience as well as a minimum of 3 professional references (non-personal).
- Setting up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Preparing ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Cooking food in various utensils or grillers
We are looking for a skilled Cook to prepare delicious meals according to menu. You will cook dishes that will delight our customers with their taste and timely delivery.
An excellent cook must be able to follow instructions in cooking and delivering well-prepared meals. They must be deft in moving around the kitchen and apt in multi-tasking. Experience in using various ingredients and cooking techniques is also important.
The goal is to help preserve and enhance our reputation so we can expand our clientele.
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Cook food in various utensils or grillers
- Check food while cooking to stir or turn
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Check quality of ingredients
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages
- Proven experience as cook
- Experience in using cutting tools, cookware and bakeware
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- Ability to work in a team
- Very good communication skills
- Excellent physical condition and stamina
- High school diploma or equivalent; Diploma from a culinary school will be an advantage
- Valid Serving it Right (not required to apply, but will be required to have prior to starting position if selected).
- Valid FoodSafe (not required to apply, but will be required to have prior to starting position if selected)
|Job Category||Back of House|